October 1, 2009
Aftercon is social networking website that allows users to keep track of anime conventions, Japanese music artists, anime, manga, games and their friends in order to stay updated in the Japanese subculture community.Registered users and non-registered users are bound by these terms legally when using Aftercon.com. Aftercon.com (or Aftercon) has the right modify these terms without notice and new terms will take effect upon posting on the Aftercon website.Information posted on profiles is open to the public. Please consider the information that you post on profiles. Do not post pictures of nudity or objectionable content, and do not post obscene, violent, sexual or any objectionable subject matter on Aftercon profiles. In the event there is such content, Aftercon is not responsible or liable for the material. Aftercon is also not responsible or liable for any inaccurate or down-right false information on any profiles. If there is activity of abuse and misconduct, contact Aftercon using the Feedback link on the left navigation bar.
1. Eligibility. By using or registering at Aftercon, you agree you are at least 13 years of age, and your usage of Aftercon services are not prohibited or do not violate any laws. You agree that your registration information and personal profile information are accurate under any circumstances. You also agree not to post addresses, phone numbers, last names or any other vital personal information of yourself or others. By using Aftercon, you represent and warrant that you will abide by all terms in this agreement.
2. Terms. This agreement will remain in full effect whether you are using Aftercon or being a member of this site. For any reason and at anytime, you may terminate your account by sending a request through the Feedback link at the navigation bar on the left. If Aftercon.com terminates your account because you have breached this agreement, you shall not be entitled to any refund of any unused portion to subscription fees. This agreement remains in full effect even if account membership is terminated.
3. Non-Commercial Use By Members. Aftercon services are meant for personal use. No organization, company and/or business may use Aftercon services unless specifically endorsed and approved by Aftercon. Commercial activities or any related activities either directly or indirectly are prohibited. Such unauthorized and illegal activities include collecting user names, emails of members, user information, etc. by electronic or any other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited emails, unauthorized framing of or linking to Aftercon.com and may result in appropriate legal actions. Aftercon has the right to remove any advertisement or affiliate links on any profiles without notice.
4. Proprietary Rights in Content. Users and non-members do not have the right to publish any proprietary and copyrighted material unless given written permission. The Aftercon website contains its own copyrighted and proprietary information as well as its licensers.
5. Content Posted On Aftercon.com.
1. Aftercon has the right to judge any content posted on the site and has the sole right in determining whether it is appropriate for the website. Any content that is offensive, illegal, violates the law, prohibited by laws and regulations, violates rights of others, threatens the safety of others, or harm others in any way may be removed by Aftercon.com. However, Aftercon is not responsible or liable for such monitoring or for the content.
2. As a member of Aftercon.com, you are responsible for the accuracy of the information on your personal profiles and any of your modifications to any profiles. You are solely responsible for any content you post on the website. By posting on the website, you represent and warrant that you have the right and permission to post that content. Aftercon.com is not responsible for any content posted.
3. The list below is a partial list of prohibited activities. Violators may be dealt with by membership termination, legal actions, or any appropriate actions deemed fit by Aftercon. Such activities are:•
Posting patently offensive content, such as racism, sexism, bigotry, hatred, absurd violence, violence against individuals or groups;•
Knowingly and purposefully providing false information, promoting illegal activities or misconduct;•
Sending chain letters, junk mail, solicitations, or “spamming” in any way to any members or on any profiles;•
Creating profiles and posting content on those profiles for the purpose of solicitation, advertising, harrassment, identity theft, etc;•
Using any html/css or any other coding language in order to change, hack, burden or disrupt Aftercon.com;•
Attempting to impersonate another person, real or fictitious; including opinions expressed of a person or any libel;•
Promoting in any way illegal files-sharing or pirated software/media including posting links to such services;•
Posting any material that is pornographic or sexually explicit in any form;• Contacting other underage members under 18 years of age for solicitation or any illegal activities;• Stalking, harassing, or collecting personal information of other members like names, passwords, addresses, financial information, etc.;•
Creating any commercial or non-profit activities on the website such as contests, sweepstakes, advertising, etc.;•
Advertising services and products;
4. Aftercon may not monitor all of these actions but it is still a violation of the rules.
5. In order to protect our members, appropriate actions may be taken by Aftercon staff.
6. Member Disputes. Aftercon.com has the right to monitor disputes but has no obligation to do so. All disputes and interactions between you and other members are your sole responsibility.
8. Disclaimer. Aftercon is not responsible for the content posted by the users on the website. Aftercon is not responsible for content accuracy, suggestions or meanings. Aftercon is not responsible for any miscommunication or breakdown in communication in its services and features. Aftercon assumes no responsibility for third party actions such as advertisers, conventions, etc. Aftercon is not responsible for hacked accounts, loss of passwords, misuse of membership by users, etc. Under no circumstances will Aftercon be responsible for loss or damages, including personal injury or death, while using Aftercon services or at any event that Aftercon promotes indirectly or directly such as conventions, and under no circumstances will Aftercon be responsible for conduct, actions and behavior of members/users online or offline. Aftercon.com services are provided “AS-IS.” Nothing written or oral obtained from Aftercon or its members will create any warranty. Aftercon disclaims any warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement.
9. Copyright. You may not post any material that is copyrighted or proprietary on Aftercon.com unless you have written permission from the owners. Aftercon has the right to terminate repeat offenders upon the request of the owner or owner’s legal agent. If you believe your work has been copied and posted on any general profiles (profiles that can be edited by members), please edit by reverting it back to previous content, red flagging it, or repost something else that remedy the situation appropriately. If copyrighted material is on a personal profile, please contact that member and resolve it with them first. If no resolution arises, click the Feedback link on the left navigation bar and send an email to Aftercon. Please include the electronic signature of owner and electronic number of the agent acting on behalf of the owner, a description of the infringement and its location, full name and address and telephone number, a written statement by you that you reasonably believe and in good conscience that the work has been copied, a written statement that what you described is completely accurate under the penalty of perjury and that you are the owner or authorized to act on behalf of the owner, number of times you contacted the other member and how the resolution process was unsuccessful.
10. Limitation on Liability. Unless such provisions are restricted by law, in no event will Aftercon be liable to you or any third person for any exemplary, indirect, consequential, incidental, special or punitive damages, including also any lost profits or any property arising from your use of Aftercon.com, even if Aftercon has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, Aftercon's liability to you for whatsoever cause, and regardless of the form of the action, will at all times be limited to the amount that is paid, if any, by you as a member to Aftercon for the Service during the term of the membership.
11. Disputes. If by any chance there is any dispute about or involving the Aftercon, whether you are a member, non-member, third party, you agree that the dispute will be governed by the laws of the State of Arizona without regard to its conflict of law provisions. You agree to the personal jurisdiction by and venue in the state and federal courts of the State of Arizona, City of Tempe.
12. Indemnity. You agree to hold and indemnify Aftercon, affiliates, its subsidiaries, agents, officers, and other partners and employees, harmless from any loss, claim, liability, or demand, including reasonable attorney's fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the Aftercon.com in violation of this Agreement and/or arising from a breach of this Agreement and/or any breach of your representations and warranties set forth above including any content you have posted, activities online or offline, or behavior and misconduct taking place anywhere else.
13. No affiliation. There is no affiliation, joint ventures, partnerships, or business contracts between Aftercon and any of its users or members.
14. Other. By becoming a member of Aftercon or using any service on Aftercon, you accept and affirm this agreement. If any part of the agreement is held invalid, the remaining provisions will still be in full effect. Failure of Aftercon to enforce any parts of the agreement does not constitute a wavier of these rules, provisions or the agreement. The section titles are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. For any member or user, this agreement must be followed.
Effective October 1, 2009
Collection of Information
Aftercon collects information such as email address, age, name, etc. Aftercon may also collect information on what type of anime, music, games, etc. that members like.
No information is used to spam members or sold to outside third parties.
Sharing and Disclosure
Refer to terms and agreements about sharing and disclosure. Aftercon will not share personal information unless to comply with laws, to protect the rights of Aftercon.com, to enforce terms and agreement, for the safety of the public and Aftercon members.
Cookies may be used to help access the Aftercon website and support the functionality of advertisements. However, no personal identifiable information will be collected. Aftercon is not responsible for third party, advertisements or any links on the website profiles and pages that set cookies. Aftercon assumes no responsibility for privacy policies of other sites.
Contactsinfo - @ - aftercon.com
I HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT AND AGREE TO ALL OF THE PROVISIONS CONTAINED ABOVE.